Replacement hold open spring...

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I’d like to add or replace the missing spring that holds the glove box door open. Does anyone know what that is called and where to get one? Google searching for it came up with very little. I guess “spring” has too many other meanings this time of year LOL.

seasick

Reaction score
Glove box? Do you mean the electronics box? Does that box have the black plastic hinges that are also the 'spring'? If so, they are made by Southco. There are different models depending mostly on what angle hinge kind of locks into) Some applications need 180 degrees, some 110 or so etc.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
no, they're actually springs. In my memory they are about 3/8 of an inch in diameter on I want to see a 12in long maybe. They're stiff and hold the door open so you have to bend them to get it closed again. all the ones I own left with my seafarer. I want at least a couple for my sunfish.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The spring-loaded hinges look pretty cool though. I’ll have to take a look to see if the holes will work. If they will those look like a good option

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Damn, too bad I just tossed one from my electronics box after I converted to a flat panel. Would have donated it to ya.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Well, I need to look a little closer and figure out what kind it came with. It has nothing right now so one or the other of these setups is the answer.

Thanks guys!