Replacement O-Rings for deck plates

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Someone posted a site where you can order replacement O-rings for deck plates and also replacement scuppers for gradys at a reasonable price. Any help?

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Most of that sort of part are available at a generic parts supplier rather than a marine dealer who will charge higher because they are a specific marine supplied part.

I went to a seal and o ring supplier and got 10 for about $2 aus each.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
O-Rings

Order the O-rings from McMaster.com but check you size. These are what I ordered for my '97 Islander.

McMaster.com p/n 9452K516 Their are 5 in a package. $4 but with shipping it will cost you $10. Buy them locally at your own risk!

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I should have advised to take one in with you and they will size it for you. The rubber in the ones i got is stiffer which seems to make for a tighter seal

seasick

Reaction score
Just a thought on o-rings

On my boat I have two deck plats that get opened often, 2 that get opened infrequently and 6 that never get opened. As the rings get old on the ones used frequently, I swap then for the ones from the used deck plates. The old ones still seal and in most cases the plates are vertical anyway.
In the end I get a lot more years out of the rings

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If the o rings are black and original, then the plates are not made by Tempress Marine, as they are on my model.

Could have assisted otherwise.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi
If it is a recent grady they are likely made by beckson marine. Go to their website you can order new rings and new plates if desired. I always change the pop in type with the more positive screw in type - especially in the euro transom area. I'd hate to have a cover pop off in rough seas.