Replacement outrigger lines and hardware

Deep Blue

Reaction score
I checked the forums but couldn't find anything relevant. I have 19' Lee Outriggers with black cord, ancient hardware and some clear rings that look like glass. (I've never used outriggers before.) There are also old plastic rings about 1/2" wide that snap to the poles but they've long ago fogged and turned brittle.

As a required rite of passage is to troll offshore for tuna with outriggers deployed and music blaring, I need to locate the proper rigging and hardware - does anyone know where I can source this?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
There's a lot to cover there. Not sure what the "old plastic rings about 1/2" wide that snap to the poles" are...

Google "Taco rigging kit" or "Lee rigging kit"
You will find several versions from economy to premium, single per pole or double per pole...

Economy usually has glass rings instead of pulleys and cheap release clips. Some kits use 400# mono instead of black chord.

You can also look at the Taco or Lee websites to get a sense of what is out there and how to use them.
It takes a team of three or an experienced team of two to fish 6 lines or more. There are tricks to sending them out, positioning the rods, clearing weeds, dancing a mahi thru your spread....Find a fishing buddy who has experience because there is a learning curve. ; )

19' Lee's are quality outriggers and big enough to run doubles.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Check out the Taco Premium kits. In most cases this has all stuff you need.

Deep Blue

Reaction score
I'll start small, one line each, and the premium version appeals to me. Thank you all!

Last edited:

SirGrady226

Reaction score
I can vouch for the Taco premium kit, just installed them on my 226 and really like the quality.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
btw, the mono is good if you are taking it off a lot. It coils up and goes into the bag they give you.

The black cord is good if its staying up all season or "forever"...

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
You can do it piecemeal. Use what you have that's still good. Buy what you need to replace or upgrade. Choose what clip you want.

Last time I re-did mine, I added a pulley to the top of each pole and Hal-Locks instead of rings. A lot smoother!!!

SeaVee

Reaction score
I just bought everything to re-rig my outriggers on my 265. I got my stuff from Captain Harry‘s in Miami . Easy day.

Another Distraction

Reaction score
Thats the rigging kit. i can sell you a set if needed. its used to connect the fishing line to the Rigger. I removed my lee Riggers and they have new kits on them.