Replacement parts

gradywhiteman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello,
I am just getting back into boating and bought myself a 1982 22ft Grady White Tournament in nice shape. I am in need of a few replacement parts though. In the stern of the boat, the transom drain sleeves have been removed from the holes. I am wondering where I can buy these replacement parts?

Thanks,
GradyWhiteMan

Workdog

Reaction score
Measure the diameter of the holes. If they are 1 1/4", that size brass tube is not sold in a West Marine (they only sell 1" and smaller dia). You'll probably have to buy them at a Grady dealer like I just did. Mine cost about $12 apiece for a 1 1/4" X 3" brass tube. Some folks buy plastic snap together tubes. Search the site here for more details like how to flare the brass tubes.

gradywhiteman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for replying, I will check the dia. I have a West marine close by and a dealer about 25 min. away.

blackgrady

Reaction score
i got them off ebay. as far as flairing them in, i just used 5200 to seal the holes, cut a 2x4 to fit behind as a wedge and a ball peen hammer on the outside to conform the tube to the transom. make sure you seal it good!!!!

cheers,
steve

gradywhiteman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey Steve, where did you find them on e-bay? I was thinking about making my own flaring tool out of a c-clamp.