Replacement recessed gunwale fresh water faucet? Not shower head.

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I’ve done my best searching the forum and the internet but I can’t find a replacement for my 95 Tournament 192 fresh water faucet. The plastic recessed box is dry rotted and brittle and already has a hole in it. I’d like to replace it. Anyone know where I might find one?

Attachments

• IMG_2023-12-03-141259.jpeg
    IMG_2023-12-03-141259.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2023-12-03-141230.jpeg
    IMG_2023-12-03-141230.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Walleyze

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Just got off the phone with Grady. They haven’t been made for years and have no replacements nor do they know where a NOS might be acquired.

Reactions: Walleyze

seasick

Reaction score
You can try Boat Outfitters who can custom make an enclosure. You would have to select a faucet to fit the insert. Since the insert box will be pretty much generic, you have the other option of making an insert and framr out of Starboard and fitting a new faucet into it. The color of the new box probably won't match your existing color.
If all you want is a pull out faucet with only cold water, you could install one of those either on top of the gunnel or on the side. See what plumbing fixtures meet your needs and go from there.

Reactions: Mirage_Man

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
You can try Boat Outfitters who can custom make an enclosure. You would have to select a faucet to fit the insert. Since the insert box will be pretty much generic, you have the other option of making an insert and framr out of Starboard and fitting a new faucet into it. The color of the new box probably won't match your existing color.
If all you want is a pull out faucet with only cold water, you could install one of those either on top of the gunnel or on the side. See what plumbing fixtures meet your needs and go from there.
Thanks for the info. The boat already has a pull out shower hose on the top of the gunwale near the transom. I’m not really sure what this one was meant for. Maybe to wash your hands or something? Idk.

I may just remove it entirely and cover it with a piece of 1/4” starboard.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Fishtales

Reaction score
gonna have to go custom with that. Could do something on the cheap with thin starboard like material and some good cutting, routing and assembly. If you do, I'd angle the floot 45 deg and put a hand held shower head like GW uses in boats today vs the faucet.

Mirage_Man

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
gonna have to go custom with that. Could do something on the cheap with thin starboard like material and some good cutting, routing and assembly. If you do, I'd angle the floot 45 deg and put a hand held shower head like GW uses in boats today vs the faucet.
Already have a Scandvik shower in the gunwale near the transom.