Replacement seats for Seafarer 228G

feeroj.shams

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hello everyone. Have any of you had the need to get replacement seats? I bought the boat with no seat cushions anywhere :) Appreciate your guidance on where or who to get correct original replacements of possible.

feeroj.shams

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Or if anyone has the specs for the seats/cushions?

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I've been looking for a rear seat and helm backrest for a 180, no luck. OEM is crazy money so I keep hearing take the boat to a local place to have them made.

Reactions: feeroj.shams

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
When I bought my 226 the seats were garbage, so I bought these as replacements:

They were of excellent quality, and I had no complaints - IMO these are very similar to the stock seats...

/// Sorry - I didn't realize you are only looking for cushions.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman

They were of excellent quality, and I had no complaints - IMO these are very similar to the stock seats...

Those sure are nice seats but I just need replacement cushions, anyone know where to go for those besides "local"?

waynenvabeach

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 2009 Seafarer 226 and the stern seat backs were screwed to the boat so they could not be removed. . The seams were splitting so I decided to see about getting new cushions. Mine were made by Wise and I do have model #"s but I could not find a OEM replacement or get anywhere with Wise. I opted to get the seams repaired. I also removed the screws and added snaps, now they are removable and look great.

Attachments

• seams repaired.jpg
    seams repaired.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • seat at Tops By George.jpg
    seat at Tops By George.jpg
    812.8 KB · Views: 9
  • seat backs removed.jpg
    seat backs removed.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • seat backs with snaps.jpg
    seat backs with snaps.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8

feeroj.shams

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

I need full replacements for the back seats only. Others I need cushions. Likely need to get custom made.

feeroj.shams

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 2009 Seafarer 226 and the stern seat backs were screwed to the boat so they could not be removed. . The seams were splitting so I decided to see about getting new cushions. Mine were made by Wise and I do have model #"s but I could not find a OEM replacement or get anywhere with Wise. I opted to get the seams repaired. I also removed the screws and added snaps, now they are removable and look great.
Nice work! Would you by any chance have details on the dimensions for the seats and cushions? Or where I could get them? I called GW parts dept and didn't get far. I will try reaching someone else at GW next week.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
eBay “Rusty-Ron’s”

He is in Morehead City, NC. Buys a lot of overstock, irregs, etc. I’ve found GW cushions from him before, along with a few other things.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What model year is your 228?

I had a friend make me some cushions returning a favor to me, and also ordered some bolsters online for a very reasonable price that seem good quality.

I am happy to measure all mine, but there were some changes depending on the model year.

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Who did you have do the repair?

waynenvabeach

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
tops by George in Virginia Beach. It was just the seams splitting but it was a lot of work to repair 2 hours each/ 80 per hour.

waynenvabeach

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I need full replacements for the back seats only. Others I need cushions. Likely need to get custom made.
I should have said cushions instead of seats. Nice
Who did you have do the repair?
The seams were splitting. This was because of improper care when cleaning. The cleaner had bleach in it and was not rinsed properly with water after applying thus causing the stitching to come apart. Originally I thought it was from sun damage but was told it was from bleach.