Replacement Speakers for GW 265

Bill_N

Reaction score
The original Kenwood speakers in the cockpit are shot on my boat. I'd like a screw-in replacement and am not worried about mega bass or anything like that. Will the current 6.5" Kenwoods fit in the same holes? Anyone done this?

Bill

eppem

Reaction score
Hey Bill,

Google the model # of the Kenwood speaker and you will find tons of sites that sell em. Prices will vary but they should be found for somewhere for under $80 bucks. They are sized up correctly and and the holes are the same. Cheap or expensive speakers, it doesn't matter, they will eventually rot out. If you have any trouble finding a decent price, give me a shout, I have a pair in my basement and can look for the receipt.

Mike

265 Express
EPPE

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
I have the same kenwood speakers you are referring to, blew my 3rd pair of them last weekend and now they are out of warranty. If you want speakers that will last then JL audio is your best option hands down, they have a deeper mounting depth that can be accounted for using a custom starboard shim. I have friends whose MBquart speakers have held up for a couple seasons and the price on those is much better but they still dont have the track record of the JL's.

In my case i'm just spending the case to get the JL's since im tired or replacing speakers every season.

Bill_N

Reaction score
Thanks guys! The boats is wrapped and I probably won't get in it until next month so I figured I'd just get direct replacements if I could. They are the original speakers from '02 and I'll just put another set of them in there.

Bill