Replacement stove on Marlin 98

Raven1708

Reaction score
Hello,
Starting to go through a neglected marlin to try and get her back on the water. She been sitting on a trailer for good part of 8 years. Unfortunately at one point the drain plug was left in and she filled with water during that time... :bang :bang, and to top it off all the electronics were stolen off it as well . Had a surveyor just do a quick heck on transom and hull for moisture reading. For the most parts he said it was in good condition. Engines were gone through and maintenance. I am currently starting on the cabin and other issues that i have come across, rotting wood pieces around the helm, chips in fiberglass, etc etc. From it flooding itself the generator, stove, refrigerator, pressure pump are just some of the main things i see that need to be replaced and have pulled them out. My question is what would be a good replacement for the stove?
Thank you

Ozz043

Reaction score
I don’t use the stove, I have a small lpg canister bbq on board.
I Cook outside most of the time to keep the smell out of the cabin, it’s the same size as the original stove so it sits there nicely on top of the cutting board....canister come in packs of three for a couple of bucks. Works a treat 8)

Raven1708

Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks for the idea. I ended up contacting kenyon about it and they offer to rebuild the whole unit to like new condition for 179. I am still probably going to get a little bit bigger setup for the outside like you suggested. But i just wanted to also get the inside cabin look nice and clean again. Next project is now working on the fridge.

Ozz043

Reaction score
My fridge is fine but it would like to have it looked at, gee it’s 19yrs
What are you looking at doing?
Modern fridges are so light, have better insulation and use a lot less power

Raven1708

Reaction score
The fridge seems to be working, but it has some rust spots from when it flooded. And the fan in the back makes alot of noise. Going to clean it up and touch up the rust spots and replace the fan and test. Hopefully going to be able to salavage it. I do want a new one but with everything else i am having to do to the boat trying to same $$ where i can. Currently having fiberglass/gel coat repairs done, all new electronics installed, new canvas tops made, and adding led lights all around and upgrading original lights to leds.