Replacing 228 Porta potti

dutch45

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Anyone have a link to replace a Porta potti in a 228? Are they standard? Someone broke the latch that holds it to the floor.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The toilet model is Sealand Dometic 964. If you have the pump-out model it is 964MSD. It's the same toilet, it just has the fittings on the back. Those latches used to be available by themselves but now I find they are only available in a rebuild kit.
The part number for that latch is 310067. When you look up that number it should show the kit.

dutch45

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The toilet model is Sealand Dometic 964. If you have the pump-out model it is 964MSD. It's the same toilet, it just has the fittings on the back. Those latches used to be available by themselves but now I find they are only available in a rebuild kit.
The part number for that latch is 310067. When you look up that number it should show the kit.
Perfect. Thank you!

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did the 228 ever come with a macerator pump?

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Did the 228 ever come with a macerator pump?
Yes, they had 3 different setups. A carry-out porta potti....then there is the. same pot, with a deck pump-out....Then there was one with the same pot but with both deck pump-out and macerator with a Y valve for overboard discharge.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I had the later setup on mine, which I gutted from the boat soon after I bought it. Tried cleaning the pot, but after being closed up for a bit, the cabin stunk. Removed everything and had the holes in the hull filled in. Don't miss it in the least.

Fishtales

Reaction score
A carry out... What a lazy option for a manufacturer to put into a cabin boat. I can only imagine all the waste that spilled in a cabin.... Yuk.