REPLACING BACK SEAT REST

REELNUTTZ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
HI GUYS/GALS. I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM & I'M GLAD I FOUND YOU :D
I HAVE A 1994 272 SAILFISH AND WANT TO REPLACE THE BACK SEAT REST MYSELF (ABOVE THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT). THE PROBLEM IS I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET TO THE BOLTS. IT'S PROBALY SOMETHING SIMPLE BUT I'LL BE DANG, I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT :oops:
CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE :?:

alwood0422

Reaction score
Mine, which of course is older and a different model so it may be totally different, has 2 bolts through the back of the rest through the fiberglass. They used wing nuts on the back. You can just pull the bottom of the seat off and reach up behind it and unscrew the wing nuts. Then off comes the seat back. Oh and watch out for the washers, don't want them dropping into the bilge.

Alan

Rock N Troll

Reaction score
REELNUTTZ said:
HI GUYS/GALS. I'M NEW TO THIS FORUM & I'M GLAD I FOUND YOU :D
I HAVE A 1994 272 SAILFISH AND WANT TO REPLACE THE BACK SEAT REST MYSELF (ABOVE THE BATTERY COMPARTMENT). THE PROBLEM IS I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET TO THE BOLTS. IT'S PROBALY SOMETHING SIMPLE BUT I'LL BE DANG, I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT :oops:
CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE :?:

The easiest way is to remove the livewell ( 5min ) and go in thru there. They have about 10 ot the LONGEST bolts on pad, at least on mine. I took mine off to reupholster 2 years ago.