Replacing carpeted cabin headliner

Reaction score
We are contemplating having the headliner replaced in our '92 246G. Has anyone ever done this or had it done? I imagine it would be fairly labor intensive. Also, is the material used available from GW?

Thanks,
Rex

Reelman5703

Reaction score
If it is just dirty, spray "Oil Eater" on it and hit with a hose. It will look brand new. I used my wife's sweater razor to knock it down after (Looks like an electric shaver but with bigger holes to remove the pills on wool). Don't tell her.

Oil eater is awesome and you should have it for your boat anyway. All natural cleaner/degreaser and honestly the best stuff to clean anything. Marine safe. Blows the green stuff out of the water, pun intended. You can get at autobarn or amazon.

Jonah

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi Rex,

Is it carpeted? I recently cleaned the carpet ceiling in my '96 Adventure. All I did was take everything out of the cabin, including the compartment lids, and then spray it down with a pressure washer. The water flowed down the compartments, into the hull, and out the stern plug.

Of course, you'll want to start with the top, and you'll want to angle the 'gun' in the direction that you're moving it, as if the water were 'scraping' along the surface of the carpet. Then as you approach the wall, angle the gun downward, as if you were forcing/scraping all of the dirt down the wall. It was a wet, nasty job, but in the end the carpet looked as good as new. It also dried in just one sunny afternoon with a fan blowing in the door, and with the windows and hatch left open.