Replacing fridge on 265 Express...

bartoma

Reaction score
I am thinking about replacing my old DC440 DC-only fridge with something new, maybe one that runs off of shore power when at the dock... Has anyone with a 265 express done this? How/where do you hook into AC/shore power?

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have not but have considered the same upgrade. I like having the fridge as I can keep cold beer and water on the boat all of the time and it's one less thing to haul to the marina but have not gotten so far as to buy a replacement unit. If I was to do it I'd likely tap into AC power at the main distribution panel, which on my 2005 is just to the right as you go into the cabin. Top of my head there is no spare circuit on that panel so the question would be whether to double duty an existing switch, repurpose an existing switch (like the microwave which I removed years ago), or add a new switch - which is probably the more likely answer for me in case anyone ever wanted to put the microwave back. Then it becomes a question of where to put that new switch. Is it isolated somewhere else? Could a new AC panel with an additional switch be made to fit in the existing space? Haven't gotten that far but for basic source of power, that panel is where I'd start.