Replacing Fuel Senders 2007 Marlin

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I'm away from the boat.
Can a fuel sender be replaced through the inspection hatches or do I need to pull the floor section up?

Any 2007 Marlin owners know the size for the senders?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not sure about Marlin but I have replace mine on a Sailfish and the access was through the inspection hatches. I would guess the Marlin is the same,

seasick

Reaction score
I assume they are accessible under the deck plate. I know you aren't near the boat but if you do f=go to look, the part number of the sender may be stamped on it. If the sender is a WEMA now KUS brand, the part number will include the length or at least get you the correct replacement'
I don't know if we went through this already but have you confirmed by testing that the senders are bad?

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I assume they are accessible under the deck plate. I know you aren't near the boat but if you do f=go to look, the part number of the sender may be stamped on it. If the sender is a WEMA now KUS brand, the part number will include the length or at least get you the correct replacement'
I don't know if we went through this already but have you confirmed by testing that the senders are bad?
Not yet. This will be a one time visit to get them replaced. I'll need parts in hand if they test bad. I've read previous posts on the testing. I'm thinking I have under dash corrosion, both malfunction at the same time and my Bennett control keeps weird in out, needing numerous resets.

The boat has been detailed and waits for her compression test prior to posting an ad. She sits on the broker's lot, so I have to be quick to repair this. I used the consumption meter as I made long runs, 60 miles out so I always ran full. A new boater wants that gas display. They may not burn 300 gal in a season.

I have an email to Grady, maybe they can shed light on the size.

Thanks for the

seasick

Reaction score
it is unlikely they both went bad at the same time ( unless you got hit by lightning:)
What does the fuel gauge read?

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I don't recall what they read.

Here is the answer from Grady for others with a 2007 Marlin:

The fuel senders that I list for the 2007 300 Marlin for the main 156 gallon tank is 21” and the 150 AUX tank sender length is 20”.

seasick

Reaction score
If you are going to replace the senders, note that if your tanks are full or kind of full, gas will pour out into the tank coffin when you unscrew the sender. If you don't know how full the tanks are, loosen the screws a little at a time, all of them, and pry the sender flange up. If gas is going to leak you will see it and then you have to quickly retighten the screws. If you remove all the screws first and then pry the sender flange, if the tank is full the gas will pour out and you will most likely not be able to recrew the sender as you try to hold it tight with one hand while trying to insert the screws with the other.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Also, be aware that gauge is programmable to the protocol used by the specific sender. It must be sent to USA or European or Yamaha standard. Download the manual for the gauge and it will tell you how to program the gauge for various displays and sensors.

Reactions: Meanwhile