Replacing GW Switches

Grady White Model
Seafarer
I just started following this thread but not seen a direct answer to my situation. Has anyone found a replacement new style lighted rocker switch that fits into the hole of the oval switch that was used by GW around 2000? Here is a picture of my 12 hole panel, its on a 2000 226. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Grady White Model
Offshore
I just started following this thread but not seen a direct answer to my situation. Has anyone found a replacement new style lighted rocker switch that fits into the hole of the oval switch that was used by GW around 2000? Here is a picture of my 12 hole panel, its on a 2000 226. Thanks for your help.
I'm not sure if I just don't understand your question, but the answer is right there in the first few posts. Alter the hole to fit a new style switch.

Greyduk

LIG, that really looks great. That is exactly the way I hope mine will turn out. Are those Blue Sea labels that you used?

Grady White Model
Gulfstream
What material is the black backer board made of and where can I get some? Love the look and work!
It’s the factory “duratrim” material from 1998 that had the light colored wood grain look to it. I think it’s some sort of composite board. Not easy to cut for my GPS location but I made it work. The material is matte navy vinyl wrap I bought off eBay for $10 bucks.

Grady White Model
Islander
I finally finished installing the new wire panel, cutouts, and electronics on my 98 Islander. New wire marine was responsive and the design process took a few weeks to tweak and finalize.

I added an nmea network to include the evinrudes and kept the old evinrude rpm gauges. Here are some pics!

Attachments

Fishtales

I think the best play is to have a new panel made. this way you can lay it out the way you want, ensure proper labeling and get it all set up before you do the swapout. I'd make a set of short jumper cables with waterproof butt connectors and connect this way if the wiring in the boat is good rather than rewire the entire thing. It gives you all the time you need to get everything the way you want and then all that is needed is to install butt connectors on the boat side, then plugin and install.