Replacing LCD TV on Sailfish

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
2006 Sailfish has sharp Aquos 15" LCD tv that shows image upside down. Warranty issue so new Sharp LCD tv has beem shipped, but it is now a different model. The Aquos LCS tv is powered by DC plug but new tv sent is powered by regular 110 plug. Any suggestions how to install without useinga extension cord everytime to pug TV into 100 outlet on port side. Can the 110 plug be converted to accept the DC plug?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You will need an inverter, takes 12 Vdc converts to 120Vac.

The inverter rating selected will be greater than the watt rating of the TV, usually found on namplate and/or instruction manaul.
If you also have or intend to add a 120 Vac DVD player, include the wattage in the selection of inverter.

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bob,Thanks, there is already a DVD player that works correctly and I assume is already hooked up the same way the original tv is based on DC so I trust an inverter would only be needed for the TV. Are the small enough to fit in acces hole behind TV?

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Scarlet, I am pretty sure my new to me 2006 marlin has the same tv. I thought it too was 12volt but learned recently that there is a "hidden" inverter for the tv and the dvd player. I just assumed since I could operate the tv and dvd player off the 12v batteries that they were also 12 volt, I was wrong they are definitely 120 volt. I think the small 12 to 120 volt inverter is behind the flatscreen tv.

Scarlet Knight

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tuna Man
Thanks, I called my GW dealer and they said the same thing that there is an inverter behind the wall insert. Now the only problem is to try to remove the insert which is basically a half wall, but the screws have bolts in the back and it is very difficult to reach the bolts to hold them and teh screws are at an odd angle. May need the help of my son who has small hands and can fit through the hole for the cables. Wish me luck.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can install the inverter where you like, preferably where it is readily accessible, stays dry, and affords some air circulation for cooling.