replacing pry out deck Plates

tbyrne

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Anyone recommend any specific supplier for the standard 8' OD 6' ID Pry out deck plates?

I need to replace mine and there are a few manufacturers out there.

iBoats seemed to have the best price.

Thanks

T

uncljohn

Reaction score
all I know is I replaced mine in my 1988 228. This was about 8 years ago. Took them all out, threw them out, went to West Marine and bought the standard 6" and 4" size (I think) and when I went to install the 4"ers on the vertical part of the fishboxes, I found those holes would not fit the standard plate. So I ended up using the Dremmel to cut those out to fit the 4"ers. I think Grady installed 3.5"ers in 1988.....

this was a while ago, so they may have been 6"ers on the fishboxes and Grady had 5.5"ers on there.....either way, make sure you measure before buying the ports.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Recent boats use the Beckson plates. You can order via the web. Search Beckson Marine in CT.
They offer the pop in or screw in. Might want to change any in the eurotransom area to the screw ins for safety.

no problem

Reaction score
I recently ordered some from this ebay seller. I got them in 3 days and each extra item was only $1.10 to ship. When ordering multiple items this was the cheapest I could find. the descriptions give rough opening also. I ordered 3 of these to replace the ones in my gradydrive.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INNOVATI ... iesQ5fGear
They also carry beckson which I would probably use on my deck.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Older models use Tempress Marine, exact replacements are available today in the same off white beige color.