Replacing Switches/Chartplotter/Autopilot on Bimini

JohnnyK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace all of my switches on the console and was wondering if anyone knew where to buy them? I called a Grady dealer and they want $1200 for the panel but I'd like to avoid paying that much.

I was also consiering replacing my current chartplotter with a Garmin 5212 w/the TR1 autopilot. Looking to get reviews on either. Thanks in advance for your help.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'd buy a simrad over a TR-1, same price, but the TR-1 has no diplay unless you shell out another $300 for a wireless screen and link it. The Simrad uniots are the best out there and would be my recommendation. The TR-1 has been good, but without a digital display I think it is more of a neusance. It is nice to actyually see whats going on.
As for the 5212, they have been a flop, great idea, but good luck using a touch screen while bouncing around in a chop. Unless your a on 70ft boat where it is calm is just about anything, it has been more of a pain then an advantage to have a touch screen. Everyone I know with the unit was sold it at a show where it is awesome, but they say it is very different when on a boat and your actually moving anf bouncing, makes it a lot harder and they often hit the wrong button, with a touch button you atleast know your hitting what you want. Garmin makes excellent GPS's that are easy to use, but I would opt for another model instead of the touch screen.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ditto on the 5212 vs 4212. That was the reason i went with 4212's and also i hate to have a screen full of finger marks at the end of the day.
4212 is much easier to use too.