Repower 265 express & folding motorwell question

captain swag

Reaction score
Purchased a 2002 265 Express w/o motors. Grady white has sent me a list of things to do pending installation/upgrade to F250 four stroke engines. Most notable was raising scuppers on the transom 1.25 inches. Has anyone done this? Further transom reinforcement needed? Was 1.25 high enough? Also The folding transon motorwell was vandalized prior to my purchasing the boat. The rams and catches are still there but there appears to have been some kind of latch or assembly in the center that broke away under cowl pressure. Anyone have pics how this worked? Grady no longer has the part available and the individual that made them wants 500.00 to create one. Lastly the small trays that were under the stern corners were also taken, ie above the battery and oil tank compartments, anyone have extras or some that a mold could be taken of and returned?. Sorry for the long post.

eppem

Reaction score
Good luck with the 265x. Did GW have any insight about the storage bins? I'd gladly let you use mine for molds but it wouldn't be until December...

Enough Already

Reaction score
jekyl (this forum) did a 265 re-power and should have lots of info for you. Do a search to catch up on his stories. On my 2001 265, there is no center latch - just the 2 rams and then the compression latches on each side. There is a contraption in the center-top of the folding panel that best anyone can tell is a knife/pliers holder. Again, search the forum for that one - the question has been asked before. Post up some photos and we can help more. Enjoy your rebuild/re-power!

Salinity Now

Reaction score
congrats on a great boat, I have a newly aquired 2001 that Ive been shopping the repower market too, are you looking at the new 250's or the 1st Generation (I had one on my last boat, loved it BTW) but Im sold on the idea that the new Offshore Series 250s shouldnt need a scupper change, + they mount on 24" centers (spacing) I was under the impression the F250s had wider spacing.

Im overseas right now with work, so everything is on hold for me......but its constantly on my mind, I talked to the local Suzuki dealer in Chesapeake VA, he is trying like crazy to convince me to go Suzuki 175's, Im not sold on that idea yet, he has a client that did it with a 25' Sailfish (older braket model) but i havent had a chance to meet up with him and speak directly and ride on his boat.

Good Luck on the repower, its such an awsome boat, Ive got my fingers crossed on a great striper season when my ship gets back to the states!!