Repower of Grady White 25 Sailfish

canvasback02

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for information regarding the repower of a 1990 Grady White 25 Sailfish Sportbridge. This model has the full transom with the outboards mounted on a bracket. The boat i'm looking at has twin 2005 Honda BF 200s. It seems like this is too much weight for this boat (about 1240 pounds). I'm wondering if anyone has input regarding a repower with a single Yamaha F350. This engine weighs in at 804 pounds. It seems like this would be a great combination since the engine would be 400 pounds lighter than the previous twins and since it would be mounted on a bracket, I would think that I should be able to avoid transom torque problems that has been mentioned before.

Does anyone have any input on this or can direct me to someone who has done this?

Thanks for any and all help!

deepwaterdreamer111

Reaction score
Hi. I repowered my 25 Sailfish cutout transom from twin 200 07 etecs to a G2 300 Evinrude. My main concern was to much weight in the back of the boat.I think the boat is better balanced and performs to my liking. Cruise speed is 25 to 27 knots depending on conditions. The 350 Yamaha should work well .Also I moved the batteries forward outboard side of the helm and passenger seats.

TheButchie

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have the same boat. Thought about going to a single but decided against it due to maneuverability around the docks.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
You could go etec or you could go F200 twins which are 489 pounds a piece . You would be shaving almost 400 pounds.