repower

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I have a 1992 19' dual console with the original 200hp 2 stroke, weighing in at 395 lbs. Has anyone put a 150hp 4 stroke Mercury, weighing in at 455 lbs. on this boat? I am concerned about the drain scuppers that are close to the water line already, I also don't want to under power the boat with a 115hp.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not sure of the weight, but several have went to the inline 4 cyl Yam 200's. That would likely be comparable with your existing 200 2-stroke, and you would only lose some low end torque when planing or hauling your fishing buddies around.

Remember, if the scuppers are partially submerged, it makes no difference in the cockpit draining. I had a 232 Gulfstream with F200's and the scuppers were 1/2 to 3/4 submerged for the 10 years I owned the boat. Didn't matter.

One more thought regarding scuppers; On a 1992 boat, I would certainly have the hoses & connectors checked thoroughly if you do hang some extra weight back there. If there are cracks or other sources for water intrusion, having the scuppers even partially submerged would be problematical.