repowering a 2007 Marlin 30

AIC 1

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hey guys
I posted back in January about repowering my 30 marlin ended up going with 300 Suzuki's, put down payment in January and as I am sure everyone knows ..... no engines... The dealer finally got a pair last week.
Yes 5 months latter. Engines have been mounted and set. We are going to water test on Monday
I now some people have said to go with the 4 blade props... any suggestions from others who have repowered??? sizes or pitches we are taking a few props.
Would greatly appreciate help and input

brdawg2001

Reaction score
Hi, I went with Powertech and 3 blade. However with the zukes I went from 19 to 23 pitch props as the zukes are geared much differently...I think on hulltruth they reference propgod so you may want to reach out..

r

No Holdbacks

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I also just got my new Suzuki‘s on my 2005 Marlin. Water test next week. I will let you know how the propping works out.

AIC 1

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Sounds great .....will do the same
Morning
Was curious did you get to water test your boat? I tested mine on Tuesday we were short on time.... the first props did not work out. could only get 4700 RPM max, trying new props next week. but what a difference completely different boat.... runs great. Fly By Wires take a little getting use to...

AIC 1

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I also just got my new Suzuki‘s on my 2005 Marlin. Water test next week. I will let you know how the propping works out.
Hi, I went with Powertech and 3 blade. However with the zukes I went from 19 to 23 pitch props as the zukes are geared much differently...I think on hulltruth they reference propgod so you may want to reach out..

r

AIC 1

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Morning
Thanks for the info we tested yesterday and wrong props could only get 4700 4800 RPM max gong to try again next week Gonna try higher pitch. but what a difference in how boat runs.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Morning
Thanks for the info we tested yesterday and wrong props could only get 4700 4800 RPM max gong to try again next week Gonna try higher pitch. but what a difference in how boat runs.
I think you mean , you want to go lower pitch? Pitch is the number of theoretical inches the prop travels per revolution in the water. If you are only getting 4800 rpm you appear to be overloading the motor . You may want to drop down in pitch to reduce the force on the motor. You motors could also be mounted too low.

AIC 1

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Morning
Yes you are correct we are going down in pitch which will increase the RPM's going down 2 and 3 sizes. next week we will run

Kizuna

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have 300 Zukes on my 05 Marlin and are running 3/16/8.5 props. I get 5700-5800 RPMs at WOT.

AIC 1

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have 300 Zukes on my 05 Marlin and are running 3/16/8.5 props. I get 5700-5800 RPMs at WOT.
Thank you for info that is what we are going to try next week we started at 21 pitch...
Let me ask what is your crusing and top speed with avg weight....

Kizuna

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Thank you for info that is what we are going to try next week we started at 21 pitch...
Let me ask what is your crusing and top speed with avg weight....
My average load is 3-4 Kids + 4 or 5 Adults, 50% fuel, water tank is topped off frequently, and the boat is loaded with plenty of fishing gear, drinks, ice, etc.

I typically cruise between 4,000-4200 RPMs which puts me around 30 MPH, and getting ~1.4-1.6 miles per gallon. Obviously conditions will have impacts, but I would say this is at least close to my average.

Top speed is ~44 MPH, sometimes I might get a little more. Again depending on conditions.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Hey guys
I posted back in January about repowering my 30 marlin ended up going with 300 Suzuki's, put down payment in January and as I am sure everyone knows ..... no engines... The dealer finally got a pair last week.
Yes 5 months latter. Engines have been mounted and set. We are going to water test on Monday
I now some people have said to go with the 4 blade props... any suggestions from others who have repowered??? sizes or pitches we are taking a few props.
Would greatly appreciate help and input
Nice! Much better than that weird blue colored motor - lol. As others have said Ken is really the best bet. It's a pain in the rear playing the guessing game. I'm still a few hundred RPM off on my 300 for WOT. Good luck dialing it in and enjoy!