Repowering my 26 Islander

abielecki

Reaction score
Hi All

I purchased two 2006 Yamaha 200 HPDI outboard motors and will be swapping out he single 1995 Yamaha 250.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of conversion? It would also help me immensely if someone with twin 2 strokes could share some pictures of the layout of oil tanks and batteries under the rear bench. The motors are coming packed in original Yamaha crates and have all the riggings included.
I will also be selling my 250 and have all service/winterization receipts from 1995. The motor starts and runs great and could be shipped in one of the freight metal crates the 200's are coming in (Also all riggings included other than steering)

abielecki

Reaction score
Hi - I have no idea what it is worth but its an aswesome motor. I'll do a bit of reaserch but in the meantime maybe you could let me know what you would be willing to spend. I also have a yam 9.9 4 stroke kicker mounted next to it. I'm at (908) 963-1997 if you would like to call. Both engines always had covers on them too.

gradyVT

Reaction score
Is the 9.9 kicker for sale. Do you have a price and what features does it have.

How did the kicker push your boat I am going to be adding a kicker to my Gulfstream this winter and thought I may need to go with a 15hp. I would rather go with a yami 9.9 high thrust but don't want to have to wind it out to troll.

Thanks
Brian