Repowering

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
BTW, my Islander started out in Ohio for her first 12 years. I like to think it benefited greatly from running in freshwater.

Thanks again, I might have to wait a bit on another set of props, spent a lot of money on boats lately and hopefully the new set of props I recently purchased for other motors are going to be ok on the Suzukis, fingers crossed.
If those props are for anything but Suzuki's, they won't work. The Suzuki gear ratios are different.
IMO the best part of an Ohio boat is the lack of exposure. The freshwater helps the engines a lot more than the hull. Regardless, I hope it all works well for you. Keep us posted!

GypsyRover

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks I will mention that. I'm on my way there soon to install a new transducer while it's being worked on. Luckily the surveyor found very little moisture in the transom last November. I'm of course hoping nothing has changed over the winter and sadly the boat has spent most of the season on a trailer, lots of bad weekends weather wise in New England lately.

Automated14

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks. Hopefully in the next year I'll get my hard top back on and I will be 100%. I just need to lift my garage 3'!

Check with Ken at Prop Gods for the Ecos. Back in April Ecos were hard to come by. I ended up having to go used because no one had 23 pitch in stock. You will find they are pricey, but worth every penny. And that's coming from a tight wad!
I couldn't agree more. Eco's were the 5th set of props I tried after a recent repower. (mix of manufacturers and pitches) They were far better than any other prop I tried and on paper, identical to one of the other brands. Also cost way more than the others but worth it when the boat gets better economy and is 2-3mph faster between 4000-5000 rpm than any other prop I tried.

GypsyRover

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Well I think I now know what I want on my Christmas wish list. The dealer told me that the new motors come with SS 3 blade props. I have another boat that I can use the old props on, but would rather sell them, because that means I banged up the prop on the other boat! Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated.