Restaurants with dockage on Buzzards Bay

Bob Bulis

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Love the Chart Room but wondering if there are any other drink/lunch options (with dock) on Buzzards Bay. I’m in Wareham.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I've enjoyed Off The Hook in Fairhaven a couple times for lunch. Nothing overly fancy, but was good. The channel coming in is tight.

Bob Bulis

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Thanks for the responses Kirk. I’ll have to try them out next season.

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hi Bob,,, can you tell me more about the chart room in Bourne? I'm in Somerset Ma. and I have been dying to go down to the Cape, use the Bourne ramp and do a little touring with the wife. Can you tell me ,,, does the Chart room have its own dock to use while dining or do you have to use a mooring with launch available? I would like to try out that area maybe this next season. We mostly travel around R.I. towards Bristol and into Warren where there are a couple nice places to eat. We like the Wharf in Warren and right next to that is Blount Seafood which is outside only but the food is great. Both of these have their own docking with no fees as long as you eat there. Another good food place is in Fall River , called the Gypsy Seagull which is a floating bar and outside dining, mostly take out kind of food , but fun place if you stop there at night. Dock right along side. Gets busy at night and I'm kinda old for night life lol.. I just started boating last year , bought a Grady Overnighter and I'm still learning to use the boat and looking for new places. We have not tried out Newport yet and that's on my list also.
Thanks in advance
Dennis

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
MY MISTAKE restaurant in Fall River is called Tipsy Seagull lol

Bob Bulis

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Hi Dennis - Thanks for your recommendations. Fall River and Rhode Island are guide a haul from Wareham but if I get adventurous I may give it a try.

For the Chartroom there are slips available at the Kingman Marina, but there can sometimes be a wait for up to an hour so during busy days. The cost is $15 (plus tip for the dock hands) for three hours.

Bob

Reaction score
Revive the thread as the Spring is here... I'm very new to salt water boating but here is what I've learned so far.

There are a few places in Onset; Marc Anthony's has some of the best pizza on the Cape, Quahog Republic is decent, both are a short walk from the Town docks. Soprano's on Cuttyhunk is worth the trip. There is also a decent place, surprisingly dressy when we were there, near the marina at the East end of the Canal, Fisherman's View and I hear that the Pilot House across the marina is also decent and casual. Enjoy!

Reactions: GypsyRover

Tpartridge

Reaction score
We boat out of Marion...Chartroom is always at the top of our list. I'd also suggest heading down to Woods Hole. You can either go into Eel Pond and get slips/moorings or sometimes get tie up space just before the drawbridge to go into Eel Pond. 3-4 great restaurants there for lunch, etc., Shuckers Raw Bar is our fav. We also like to head down to the end of the Canal and tie up at Sandwich Marina and have lunch at the Pilot House or Fisherman's View. Both are great spots.

GypsyRover

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Stonebridge Bar and Grill next to Stonebridge Marine in Onset (Wareham) is a decent place to eat and tie up. As mentioned, before there are some other great restaurants within walking distance in Onset.