Retrofit Chiller Plates Project

HMBJack

Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

Hard to do? Thinking about it on my 330 with FP genset. Trying to determine where the compressor would be mounted. Anyone have a newer boat with this option?

Thanks if you have any advice.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think Steve (gulfcart) did it on his 330. The refrigeration unit on mine is behind the port mid berth bulkhead. Good luck, Ron

Sea Shift

Reaction score
What unit you looking at? Sea Frost? I might be looking into this too. I like the RSW but I dont have 110 yet.

JJ2468

Reaction score
My 2006 330 was retrofitted with chiller plates prior to me owning

Compressor is located in the helm area. Port side behind those 2 little drawers under the seat. Work well

Don't remember the exact model but was told the same unit grady used. Previous owner new the owner of grady so ordered the parts thru the factory.

HMBJack

Reaction score
Thanks. I know there is a good amount of space in that area. Still not sure what install kit I should use for this.

GEOO

Reaction score
Did you add chiller plates? I have them on my 33. Have some input if you are still looking into it.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My 2006 330 has freezer plates in the fish box. We love them. The compressed is mounted behind the generator but higher up. There is a pump (I think one for livewell) in stern that circulates the water. Intake is behind the generator intake.

HMBJack

Reaction score
No, I have not done this (yet) but I am still interested in doing the project. My 330 is a 2006 with the diesel Genset (Fisher Panda).

For anyone who has done this, on the freezer plates install on a 330, some questions:
1. Where did you buy your compressor and plumbing parts?
2. How many hours did the install take?
3. About how much $ was spent? and
4. Will the chiller plates "chill" with dockside power? i.e. compressor not running? For example, can you "chill" the ice box the night before you depart while still on shore power? Or must the compressor be running?

Okay to PM me if you wish.

Thanks,

gulfcart

Reaction score
I had a '07 -330. That year the fishbox was removable not molded in. I removed the box. I then took to my garage and removed all insulation. I worked with a company that sells all the equipment to do this. They sent me pre charged copper refrig tubing which I then wrapped the box in. I then bonded with a special thermal coating. I then formed a wooden box around it and shot in foam insulation. If you don't form it won't fit back in spot. I mounted the compressoer unit in the aft beth star board wall. Plenty of room. I made a relay box so I could use the same pump as the AC. Powered off a breaker in box. Worked great. I have pics somewhere.. I can try to find if you need. I believe the company was seafrost.

MikeC

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Following up on this thread, did you end up installing? I'm considering this on my '04 330 as a winter project

Thanks!

HMBJack

Reaction score
No. I decided to pass on this one. The project appeared to be a bit more effort, complexity and cost for me.