Reupholster Helm for GW 330

Bill G

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I hired a local craftsman to reupholster the reansom of my GW 330 and he did such a great job that I asked to do the helm seating as well. The issue we have is that we cannot figure out how to remove the seat backs on the port and starboard side. They are mounted on two posts but we cannot find a mechanism to release the seat backs.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Of course they have the thumb screw holding them down on the outboard side and the two steel tube supports have buttons you can push that allow them to be pulled up and out of their mounting holes.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
It's amazing I am Doing the same thing and have the same question. The thumb screws are removed and looked all over to see if there was a release. where are the buttons? probably right in front of me.
Thanks in advance

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
No buttons on my 2003 - just pull straight up. (I also have the thumb screws.)

If they haven't been taken off in a while, posts could have corrosion. If you can get some WD 40 or silicone on the posts, may help. A strong yank with slight rocking should do it.

Last edited:

Bill G

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
It's amazing I am Doing the same thing and have the same question. The thumb screws are removed and looked all over to see if there was a release. where are the buttons? probably right in front of me.
Thanks in advance
Exactly, where are the release buttons?

Bill G

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
No buttons on my 2003 - just pull straight up. (I also have the thumb screws.)

If they haven't been taken off in a while, posts could have corrosion. If you can get some WD 40 or silicone on the posts, may help. A strong yank with slight rocking should do it.
Thanks for the info

Bill G

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Of course they have the thumb screw holding them down on the outboard side and the two steel tube supports have buttons you can push that allow them to be pulled up and out of their mounting holes.
We can't find the release buttons. My GW is 2008.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
What I meant about the button is the detent button that holds the pipe in the sleeve. If the pipe is fully seated you may not be able to see the little ball sticking partially out. Not sure what the proper name is. I had to press mine in on my 330 after lubing it with silicon spray to get the pipe to fully seat. You may have to lube the pipe and pry up to get them both out, but make sure to pry evenly so as to not jam one of the pipes.

georgemjr

Reaction score
Bill G, where are you located? I am interested in getting mine done and am looking for someone that can do a factory original job. If I remember correctly, other than the outboard thumb screws, mine just slid in.

Reactions: grady33

Bill G

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Bill G, where are you located? I am interested in getting mine done and am looking for someone that can do a factory original job. If I remember correctly, other than the outboard thumb screws, mine just slid in.
I am in New Port Richey, FL. The guy I used is not factory authorized but is an old school craftsman from Greece. Has been in the trade since he was 14 still living in Greece. If you want to try him I will gladly send his contact information.

Reactions: wspitler