Reverse Polarizing

Shannon C.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hello all,

I Replaced the port battery bank a couple of weeks ago on my 30 Marlin. Prior to changing the bank when using shore power I would get the green light and red before switching the A/C breaker on then the red light would go out, now when switching to A/C the red light stays on. I know the manual says to “immediately “ turn off power if red light remains on. Now, the boat is on the trailer the shore power cord is connected to an extension cord. Clear as mud?

seasick

Reaction score
Assuming all you did was swap batteries and reconnect as it was, the batteries should have nothing to do with the reverse polarity lamp.
It is more likely that it has something to do with the outlet you plug shore power into or even the shore power cord if it has had either end changed.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
yep get an AC outlet tester. check the outlet on your house. then check the outlet on the end of the extension cord. If its a replacement end on the extension cord, someone may have reversed the black & white wires, The black goes on the gold screw the white goes on the silver screw. Same goes for your house outlet...