Rigging Top Mount Outriggers

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hello,
I just finished mounting a pair of Taco grand slam 350's. I went through the trouble of removing the hardtop and welding plates to hardtop frame, major PIA but i felt it was necessary, removing all the cualking was the worst part, the wiring was easy.

I plan on double rigs and would like some help on rigging. I purchased setups from flatrigs.com

For you guys with top mounts, where are you putting the brackets to hold the bungee, from gallery it looks like most are on the gunnel?

Do you think it would be more out of the way and easily accessable to mount them on the hardtop frame that runs vertical down to the deck at say maybe 2/3rds the way up?

Any likes/dislikes of how you rigged from those of us that have topmounts?

NO REGRETS

Reaction score
Go to the hull truth . com sport fishing section you'll see plenty of options.Rigg your lines in the deployed position.And use the George Poveromo slide swivel adjuster as well.After you have them rigged the way you want, decide where to put the pad eye's. check the gallery here to see some others.I have the pad eyes on the gunnel and the hard top ,I dont use them at all.With your 350's, you will want flexability for mounting the bungee.You may not have the riggers up at the same height all the time, and that will affect the tension of the lines, I know, I had the 350's on my old boat.
:lol: You can also look at my album, I have put pics of both my boats set ups, one is with triple halocks on the 350's.
By the way, the reason you got the 350's is so you don't have to reach up on top of the hard top, Don't ruin that by putting your outrigger lines up top. :goodjob

saltypup

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks,

Great pic's on your album, do you run with those extended?

NO REGRETS

Reaction score
Yes, they are fixed poles not telescoping, 1-1/2 inch carbon fiber, :lol: old ones were 1 1/2 aluminum telescoping never retracted them any way................ :wink: