Rigging Tube for 1995 Gulfstream

jweschler

Reaction score
I am wanting to get a polished aluminum rigging tube from my hard top elec. box to the helm box. Does anyone know where I can get one of these made and shipped to me. I have been looking and emailing everyone and I can not seem to find anyone that knows what this is and how to make it. Most want me to bring the boat to them to make and thats OK if that is all I can come up with but these are great boats and someone like a third party MFG should have come up with this already. I have seen this on some other early 90's boats and they look great.
Thanks, Joe W

catch22

Reaction score
I don't know what year Grady started using that tube, I'm guessing after 2000. I think it's a great feature.
In your case, I don't think anyone will have one pre-fabbed. If you could get accurate dimensions and provide them to a top builder, they might make it and ship it. But, imo, it's probably best to take it to someone local and have it made to fit.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The down tube saves the longer rigging pass going down a forward frame leg instead, a much longer pass.

Everything is custom with the pipe welder guys.

Look in the Grady catalog or go to boatraderonline and search newer Gulfs for sale and browse the photos, you will see photos of the bridge and find the tube, copy photo and bring with you to pipe welder with boat. Then they can replicate the style.

It looks like the same tube as the frame material and welded flanges on each end.

I don't know how they attach it.

On my boat that doesn't have it, there is some differential motion between the hardtop and the console while underway, so I can't see a solid connection being made between the two. For mine, a softer connection instead of hard bolted will work better IMHO.

jweschler

Reaction score
I am in Maryland and have seen this on some other boats and my one leg is already full with cables, Spreader, Spot, Console, NEMA 0183, 20amp lines, GPS All around light to name a few.

catch22

Reaction score
You might be able to get away with buying some ordinary 1 inch SS tubing, (bow rail) and a couple of stantion fittings and make it yourself. If 1 inch is big enough for what you want.