Ring Free Source

no problem

Reaction score
Awe come on! Techron 12oz says you only need 1 bottle every 3000 miles. You could save a fortune. I have seen the results of a propper dose of ring free and I think I will stick with that. It's actually cheaper in the quarts from Yamaha. Oh, and the 12 oz techron treats up to 12 gallons.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
One every owner's forum that talks about ring free, someone always mentions Techron is the same thing. I don't think it's even close based on the required dosage for each product.

5-Salt

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Agreed Techron is expensive if you run with every tank.

Not if you buy fuel with it already mixed as is the case with Chevron and Shell brand gasolines. This would appy to trailerable boats of course, which just happens to be my case.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I recalling a post on BOG about a guy asking Chevron if there was a maintenance dose and they said no. If their putting it in their gas you can bet it's not full strength. It would make the gas too expensive.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
no problem said:
I have no experience with this seller but this looks like a bargain. It's the new stuff, just remember to change shipping from next day to 2 day. The shipping went from around $100 to around $15.

http://suncoastmarineoil.com/yamahayama ... zcase.aspx

Wow! I noticed that if you buy a case of twelve 16oz bottles it comes to $29 and change per quart which is 2 bucks cheaper than their case of six 32 oz bottles.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I e-mailed Chevron about these questions about a year ago. They acknowledged that the active ingredient in Ringfree is Techron, just in a more highly concentrated form than in their automotive products. So I asked them how much Techron is present in the normal maintenance dose of Ringfree. Now get this: It is approximately the same amount of Techron as is found in Chevron or Texaco gasoline! So as I've been saying for years, if you run Chevron or Texaco fuel, you don't need to add Ringfree.

They also said that you could run there regular Techron in 4-stroke outboards, but they wouldn't give me information about the dosage. They did warn against using Techron in 2-stroke outboards. My guess is that because Techron concentrate is not as concentrated as Ringfree, the extra solvent that you would have to add may interfere with 2-stroke lubrication.