Ritchie compass specs for a 98 272 Sailfish

steveg

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Would anyone know what the model number is of the compass or how wide the hole is to set the compass in? The boat is 90 minutes away and I want to order a new one. Thanks in advance. Steve

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the compass on my 1994 Sailfish. The diameter including the flange is 6" so I would guess the whole is about 5". There is no model name visible on it.

(photo deleted due to quota limit)

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd go to ritchie's website. I believe it is the navigator. But, to be sure ask GW Customer Service via the website. They should be able to identify the model and mounting info so you can match it up.

lost sailor

Reaction score
I sent my compass from my 88 Seafarer to Ritchie to refurbish and it came back last week like new. Great service.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looks like the same one Grady had on my 92. I recall Richie made an identical replacement size for the old unit, except the card is blue.

purple98tj

Reaction score
Ritchie Compass is located in the next town over from us. I called them about refurbishing the original compass and was able to bring it in for the rebuild. A week later it was like new! They replaced the card, gaskets and oil without messing with the adjustments. I was able to put it back in the boat and have it work properly.

I would recommend giving them a call.

http://www.ritchienavigation.com/company/contactus.html