RNR Marine - Canvas Top for 226?

Reaction score
We just purchased our first Grady-White Seafarer 226 Seafarer and are looking to put a new Bimini and enclosure. I contacted a local company here in the Northwest and they were $3500 for a custom-made enclosure, however, RNR Marine claims to offer an OEM version for $3000 at winter price. Has anyone had experience with RNR marine? And how did it go?

BTW, the 226 is amazing! Ran over 115 miles last Saturday around the San Juan Islands, and was amazed how she handled chop and easily cruised at 30mph still getting over 3mpg.

Fishtales

Reaction score
give A&J canvas in Vanceboro NC a call. They prob made the original. Have the model and hull ID number ready. They may have the patterns. If you have the originals, you can send them down and they can make exact copies. I found them very competitive and since they make them for GW, they look factory fresh.

Reactions: Outdoorsmenliving

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yep, I'll have to agree. Contact A&J Canvas in Vanceboro. They took care of mine with factory correct enclosure since they make them for Grady.

Reaction score
Ended up going with RNR Marine and nothing but plezsed with the outcome. Came with frame, hardware and full canvas enclosure for $3100 with shipping. Best deal out of many quoutes by far and its OEM.

Attachments

• 20191124_174819.jpg
    20191124_174819.jpg
    746.6 KB · Views: 25

LittleRed1

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
its a couple of months late on the post, but I strongly recommend A & J canvas also. years ago a barn fire destroyed my original 1989 seafarer curtains. the GW dealer wanted around $3000 for a set. A & J had the patterns & made me a full set for around $1100.00. granted that was 10-12 years ago. they are good down to earth folks over there.

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I purchased some OEM canvas for my 255 Freedom 2 seasons ago. I originally was going to buy from RNR but ended up with Great Lakes Boat Top who was the original OEM supplier for GW and had the patterns. I think RNR may be brokering product from GLBT.

Reactions: Outdoorsmenliving

coverguy

Reaction score
If you're up in the Northwest and want a really good winter storage cover for the 226, I have a new Fisher Winter Storage Cover I am selling. We pulled the wrong pattern and made the cover for boat with hardtop, the customer did not have the hardtop. If interested in the cover let me know. Thanks, darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com