Rocker Switch Fuse - 2009 307

jlflynn1

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 307
(I am no longer using the dome light to power the rear spreader lights because I have the new LED dome light) I ran a wire down the hard top support pipe, to one of the two auxiliary rocker switches on the right side of the dash board for the spreader lights. I put in an “in-line” 10 amp fuse. The lights work perfect when I turn the rocker switch “on”….however, after about 30 seconds the little circuit “trips” just above the rocker switch. I can push it in and it re-sets but it pops again after 30 seconds. I realize that the old spreader LIGHTS from 10 years ago draw about 10 amps……what do I need to do, to prevent the circuit from tripping? Do they make a circuit that I can install that can handle the 10 amp load?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You should never put two fuses in a line. You already have a breaker (the thing that is tripping above the rocker switch). What is that breaker rated at - is it appropriate for the gauge wire you used? I would start by getting rid of the fuse, or bypassing the breaker and then using the fuse. Also, the breaker might be tired, where it is tripping easily. Or, it might be doing it's job and protecting the circuit since it's sensing somethig it doesn't like. Make sure all of your new connections (including ground) are done correctly.