Rocker Switch Replacement

PS Guy

Reaction score
I bought the wrong rocker switch covers during the winter for a 1994 192 when the boat was covered. Picture one shows the covers which advertised they were direct replacement switch covers from early 1990,s up Grady Whites.
My rocker switches are shown in picture number 2.

So now I should redo the whole panel as these will not fit the existing switches.

Now i need the actual switches go with the new covers and probably resize the cut outs to fit.

I see there is a carbon fibre wrap material available to cover the existing wood look. My concern with that is it probably would not last long.
Is there a source to buy the instrument panel carbon fibre material they use in the new model 192?

Attachments

• Rocker switch covers.jpg
    Rocker switch covers.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Old Rocker Switch.jpg
    Old Rocker Switch.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 72

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It could be that those switch covers that you bought were used on some Grady Whites, but maybe just not on others.

I think you get what you pay for when it comes to vinyl overlays. Something like 3M Di-Noc should be excellent, though.

New Wire Marine is a solid source for anything dealing with panels - from getting a blank panel, on up to one that comes prewired/labelled/backlit with switches already installed.

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I made a blank out of glass. I was going to paint it with Awlgrip but ended up buying a vinyl wrap. I have a good number of switches that will fit your covers. I bought a lot of them on eBay. Ended up getting new covers from New wire.

I need to upload my pics. Ended up adding afew more switches to use at a later date. Wanted to have some options.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Dennis has it correct. Those are for the Carling style rocker switches not the ones you have and they are only covers. Might be better to keep what you have unless a problem and resell those covers. I guess you could make up a new panel but you'd need the switches...

PS Guy

Reaction score
Reselling the switches probably makes the most sense.
However I would like to replace the wood grain look.I will be working on the boat next week and make a decision.