Rocket launcher

wrxhoon

Reaction score
wrxhoon,,,,,I can physically carry 16 rigs in holders if need be, 4 on the hardtop, 4 on the legs, 4 in the holders on bait tank, 4 in the gunnel holders.

The longer 5 or 6 holder probably has different geometries to fit the larger hardtops. If you go with the standard 4 for the 228, that is designed to fit our hardtop, you're only loosing 1 holder per your minimum requirements of at least a 5 place holder. And you know it will fit. Just saying. And can be in Jacksonville before they crate or wrap the boat for export.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I don't have a problem with rod storage as such , even on my bimini top boat I can hold 14 rods, 4 on the gunnel on the original GW holders, 2 at the rear that I added , 4 on the bait tank and 4 on mounted holders on the rails near the kill tanks . The problem is when we hook up a big fish Marlin or Tuna you can't have any rods that are in the way as you fight the fish from one side of the boat to the other. All the rods have to go the high rocket launcher is the best place for them. Our spread is normally 5 .
The boat is on a trailer and will be cleaned fumigated ( for stink bugs) and shrink- wrapped in Jacksonville. She will go on a car carrier RO-RO . She has to be in port before January 25th, sails Jan 31st , arrives early March.

Attachments

• 2013 Grady 75.jpg
    2013 Grady 75.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2013 Grady 59.jpg
    2013 Grady 59.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 20

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I understand. Just thinking of less complications with the WMW holder. My suggestion is to wait till boat arrives in AU and have a custom one made for exact fit with the added holders.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I would but for some reason they only use S/Steel here and I like the polished anodized aluminum ( aluminium for us Aussies) as it matches the hardtop alloy.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That will work out fine.... Good luck with her. Remember if installing yourself to seal well and use SS hardware. You can use phenolic flat washers between dissimilar metals if you want to mitigate risk of corrosion.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
The 5 even the 6 would fit but the spreader lights would have to be moved either lower or between the rod holders. WMW wanted $800 delivered to Jacksonville so I got them from GW performance for $360 delivered , I have to get my own 316 S/S screws and washers.
I do isolate the S/S washer from the aluminum with phenolic washers and I use duralac compound as well. I seal any penetrations on the core with Sika 291.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That will all work out well for you.... Good luck with install. Once you drill the first hole, you are committed and it gets much easier!