Rod Holders 01 228G Seafarer

Reaction score
I just purchased a 01 228G. The only sign of age are the weathered / faded verticle rod holers (the four mounted to the aft live well). Does anyone know where I could get replacements?

dwain

Reaction score
Website
www.bodkinrealty.com
Miss Behaven: I posted before asking the same. I contacted Grady White and they told me to go through one of their dealers. If you find out where to purchase let me know. Thanks. Dwain

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had some that were chipped and broken and just bought the plastic holders from a marine/fishing store. They fit the opening OK and I screwed them in the same way as the originals.

I wasn't able to find an almond colored holder but the white looked fine to me. How much did the dealer quote for the GW models?

dwain

Reaction score
Website
www.bodkinrealty.com
Strikezone: I never bothered checking with the dealer. There is only one dealer here in Ontario and the product would have to be shipped from the U.S. up here and then I have to pay duties etc. Needless to say, I never notified the dealer. I do want the beige colour. Dwain

Reaction score
Thanks!!!! I will call a local dealer and get some pricing and let you know. In the mean time, I do not know if I have ever seen just generic holders that would fit that. Where did you get yours or where would you look.

dwain

Reaction score
Website
www.bodkinrealty.com
Miss Behaven: I never replaced my rod holders, but I really have to this year. I have seen just the single whites in some of the boating stores around Port Huron, MI. Let me know when you get a price. Thanks. Dwain

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Miss Behaven III said:
Thanks!!!! I will call a local dealer and get some pricing and let you know. In the mean time, I do not know if I have ever seen just generic holders that would fit that. Where did you get yours or where would you look.

I picked up a set of four at either West Marine, Boaters World (when they were around) or at a local tackle shop. It's been a couple of years so I don't remember. Just to make sure I got the right size I carried an old one with me into the store.

Replacing these with a custom stainless setup is on my list of upgrades...

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the local Grady Dealer (Beaver Park, Lorain Ohio). Grady got back with them on the holders. Part # 10108 $8.50/ea in stock and available. Also at your suggestion, West Marine has the TACO product listed below. While cheaper, the TACO ones have the "stand-offs", so they might not fit as well. I going to see if the West Marine ones work before I order the factory ones. I will let you guys know.

Paul

TACO PRODUCTS

PO4-081 Poly Stand Off Rod Holder
Only $4.39 USD
Poly Stand-Off Rod Holder

Front-access hole & integrated stand-offs for easy mounting

1-3/4"
White

Reaction score
By the way. I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me. I have always had a Sea Ray, this is my first GW. I have seen them on the water for years and finally pulled the trigger (seemingly a much better fishing boat). This web site is very nice.

Thanks again!

Paul
2001 228G Seafarer

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The ones with the stand offs wont work. They won't fit through the holders in the bracket. I would probably just get the ones from the dealer if it were me.

jellyfish

Reaction score
at west marine they look about the same. West Marine is having a HUGE one day sale on Wed March 17th.