rod racks

tony-sally

Reaction score
I own a 33 express looking to add some more rod storage over v-berth
anyone know where i can buy the orginial rod racks that came in my 2003
express so i could add a set in the middle of the ones that are their. would be nice to keep everything the same.
Thanks in Advance Tony

Moxsea

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Don't know how you will mount it, remember that's the bow deck above. I have the same issues, stored extra rods on the vberth port side and now have a gouge under the TV where the rod tip rubbed the gelcoat while underway (new spring project that I don't need). Planning on not storing so many rods next season. Have you ever slept in the Vberth with a full complement of rods, its tight. Let me know if you find a solution. - Jack

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i actually double up on storage there. put heavy rods/reels in the normal way and reverse lighter rods/reels. i use double sided velcro strapping to hold the butts of the lighter reels against the "opening" rod holders closest to the main cabin area. slip the strap thru the rod holder and then cinch around the butt end. that gets you like 12 rods. ron

Moxsea

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great Tip

ElyseM said:
i actually double up on storage there. put heavy rods/reels in the normal way and reverse lighter rods/reels. i use double sided velcro strapping to hold the butts of the lighter reels against the "opening" rod holders closest to the main cabin area. slip the strap thru the rod holder and then cinch around the butt end. that gets you like 12 rods. ron

Thanks for the tip Ron. The Velcro is the answer with opposing butts. Have a Happy New Year.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Great Tip

Moxsea said:
ElyseM said:

Thanks for the tip Ron. The Velcro is the answer with opposing butts. Have a Happy New Year.

check out your lowes or home depot. velcro makes a strip that is actually two sided- hooks on one and fuzzies on the other. you can make the strap as long or short as you want. comes in rolls, not costly either. ron