Rod storage

Jiebba

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I am looking for help on how to build or if someone builds or has the rod racks that are foldable for the port side cabin wall on a sailfish 272 I have searched high n low for this and can’t find them to buy does anyone have suggestions or a set to sell I’m up for any options available thanks in advance for any leads or help

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Ignore the clutter but on the port side I have 6 rod racks that fold to the side. They may be factory - they were on the used boat I bought.

Interior 1.jpeg

Starboard side have two hanging hook rod racks. There were on the boat too.

If you can't find them maybe you can get someone to make a template for you and have them made.

Jiebba

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That’s would be amazing whatever u can do to help I really need to storage lugging 50w and 80w rod n reels is getting old real quick lol thanks keep me posted I appreciate the help

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A great member on here had actually sent me a template last year I believe. I just never got around to making them. I will search tonight for the template and get back to you. If I find them I'll mail out a copy to you.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Where are you located? I store 6 Chaos sailfish rods with TLD15's on them. You would have to custom make them for your situation.

I used these guy to fabricate replacement panels under my helm. I stopped to pickup a piece of seafoam starboard. They took my old panels, cut and drilled new ones and I walked out with ready to install panels! I'm sure they don't do that every day but they did an awesome job and were reasonably priced.

Last edited:

Sailfish

Reaction score
The folding cabin racks were an option on the Sailfish, and I think they remain one on the Marlin. As such, you may be able to order them from a Grady dealer

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yes, they were an option. Not sure you can get them but shoot GW Cust Service a call. If you can't get, I'd ask if they could provide a cad drawing to have the fabricated. Worth a shot...