RTIC Cooler Sale

Fishtales

Reaction score
20% off sale.
https://www.rticcoolers.com/

I ordered a 145qt a while back for $307 (25% off) - no tax or ship. Arrived today and ready for spring fishing.
Check out the line. I think for a rotomolded cooler, you can't go wrong.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Guys,

Got a chance to unbox and check out the RTIC cooler. I am impressed. Has to be one of the best bargains I've pulled the trigger on. If you need a cooler, check them out. I have no affiliation, just could not bring myself to spend a small fortune on a yeti or other brand. I found my 2nd set of boat name lettering and I'm going to put it on the cooler.

The only concern I have is these are so nice, I'm afraid it will grow legs.

Fishtales

Reaction score
picked up a wire basket and a couple of food thermoses for just over $35 (20% off) and got free shipping.

b-dog

Reaction score
I just got a 110 model as a fishbox/cooler for my grady 192. I really like it!

freddy063

Reaction score
I got one today, very disappointed to find out I sent my money to China. :bang

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I try to avoid that China junk also. Many times I get fooled. I wound up with a gun safe made in china because of a bait and switch deal. Really p*sses me off. I have one of the extreme coolers. Not a Yeti but similar. I feel they are overkill for my normal use. A regular cooler keeps ice fine for day trips. My extreme cooler is heavy even when empty. My wife can't open it because it is sealed so well that the contracting cold air inside creates such a suction that you can't lift the lid, it lifts the whole cooler even full of stuff. I have to put my foot in the handle and pull up on a corner to break the seal. Impressive but a pain for normal trips. If a person is doing multi-day trips they would make a difference. It's also nice that you can walk on it with damaging it.

Reactions: handinpalm

Fishtales

Reaction score
Curious why you are worried about a cooler from China and your money going to China.
Some products that are made there: iphones, tablets, pcs, disk drives, tvs, Volvo S60s, machined parts, plastic components all imported from China. Just about everything comes from China these days.

Even Yeti makes coolers in USA, Philippines and China.

See for yourself, I guess you can pay 2X for firmer latches and better CS. I have not ever needed CS for a cooler. I don't think I'll run into grizzly bears on my boat. So for a 145 quart cooler cost $307 delivered to my door no tax. Easy decision for me. Yeti is a 59 qt cooler, RTIC is a 64 qt. I have no dog in the race but I just can't see spending $700 for a Yeti 145 qt cooler that honestly looks to be identical to the $307 RTIC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgIGSLqjW-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WuoJn2pBdM

freddy063

Reaction score
I try not to buy China item, Yeti larger cooler is made in the USA, The reason I don't buy China items is that I don't want to. And I still thinks that's my right to choose, last I checked, or did I get that taken away from me also. I I'll tell you, buying China items will hurt us all in the long run.save now paid later.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
What really rubs me is the fact that China can make very good quality products. They launch satellites for christs sake, and you don't do that stuff with inferior products and workmanship, yet they send ship loads of pure junk over here because people will buy it thinking they are getting some kind of bargain and our politicians have failed to keep fair import duties on the stuff to protect our workers. Everytime you buy something made in China you are putting jobs of Americans here in the US at risk. It has gotten so bad that you cannot find some products made anywhere but China. Many, many manufacturers have closed down due to the unfair import practices. I was lucky enough to have worked at a job that didn't get affected by unfair practices but a lot of people lost everything when the China junk killed their job. BUY AMERICAN anytime you can. Ask for American made every time you get a chance, to give merchants the idea that there is a demand for home built products.
As soon as I get down off this soap box, I'm going to turn it over and make sure it was Made in America. :D

Reactions: handinpalm

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Halfhitch said:
They launch satellites for christs sake, and you don't do that stuff with inferior products and workmanship

I'm not posting here because I agree or disagree with any opinions here, But Halfhitch"s comment made me think of this quote from Steve Buscemi in the movie Armageddon, "You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon, and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts, built by the lowest bidder." :lol: :lol: :lol: That was the funniest line in that movie! If NASA can cut corners, I guess anyone can.....

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I remember that line Jim. That was hilarious.

I got a little carried away expounding on my beliefs about imports. That is just my opinion and not intended to infer that other opinions are not just as valid. This is about RTIC coolers after all. Here's to the power of ice! The difference between fresh fish for dinner and "Whew", "Whats that smell?" :lol:

Fishtales

Reaction score
In general I agree with you folks but quality and cost has to be close. That being said, I can't see paying 2-3X for anything - especially for the same exact item, made largely in the same places with some high priced American marketing machine behind it. I buy solid products based on value, which I'll define as quality for the price charged. If quality and price are close between products, I always lean toward something that is made in the USA, but it actually has to be made in the USA. Buying blindly on which country made it is a not rational, it gives firms have a license to make junk and push junk. I believe competition brings out the best, drives innovation and fosters new ideas. I remember the 70s when the American car companies rolled crap box after crap box out and only changed when they had legitimate competition and Americans woke up and spurned Detroit. They had to learn their lesson, lean out, make high quality products and support them with solid service.

Getting back to the thread - buy Yeti if you want. I can't in good conscious buy a $800 cooler that really is as good as or maybe a tad less as good as a $300 cooler. Same with the tumblers. You can buy the Ozark line for a third of the Yeti. I'll take the $500 and invest it in the US stock market and provide capital to firms that compete on the world stage and are not just a marketing machine any day.

Derros

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Curious why you are worried about a cooler from China and your money going to China.
Some products that are made there: iphones, tablets, pcs, disk drives, tvs, Volvo S60s, machined parts, plastic components all imported from China. Just about everything comes from China these days.
Here local bookkeeping services from company Your Book On Time.
Even Yeti makes coolers in USA, Philippines and China.
See for yourself, I guess you can pay 2X for firmer latches and better CS. I have not ever needed CS for a cooler. I don't think I'll run into grizzly bears on my boat. So for a 145 quart cooler cost $307 delivered to my door no tax. Easy decision for me. Yeti is a 59 qt cooler, RTIC is a 64 qt. I have no dog in the race but I just can't see spending $700 for a Yeti 145 qt cooler that honestly looks to be identical to the $307 RTIC.

yes, you're right

Fishtales

Reaction score
3 seasons with the big RTIC and very happy with it. 65 lbs empty - its a beast. Adds some extra seating in the cockpit as well.

Reactions: Meanwhile

paydaze77

Reaction score
i bought a few cases of RTIC tumblers i think was black friday last year.. they were a great deal.. wound up giving a bunch to our customers and they loved them as well. i get the whole china thing though...

JaketheMoose

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Love all of my RTIC products. They make a cushion top for the larger coolers as well (I believe 65 and up). Looks like it will be great for extra seating. I just got my wife the insulated tote and the kids some more water bottles for xmas.

Fishtales

Reaction score
My kids paid 2/3 the amount (what I paid for the large rotomolded rtic) for a small yeti zip cooler that holds about 8 cans for fathers day. Not sure where it was made but I doubt the US. At one time yes, but once they got bought out, globalization happened to yeti.

Here is a test summary with RTIC and a test without (other manufacturers). RTIC ok but not the best. That being said, outside temp, sun strength, how much you go in and out, size and color of the cooler matters. Your mileage will vary.... Just go to end to see the results.
RTIC Cooler Review, Ice Test RESULTS | Coolers On Sale
Five Day Ice Challenge, Coolers: Yeti, Grizzly, Pelican, Engel, Igloo, Canyon, Siberian, & More - YouTube
RTIC cooler or a YETI cooler??? Unboxing a new 65 RTIC cooler - YouTube

Last edited: