Rub Rail 265 Express

Bob Meola

Reaction score
Bought my 265 new in 2005. My rub rails are starting too look pretty nasty. Does anyone have any suggestions
on how I can possibly bring them back to life? They are starting to get all these white marks on them. I have tried all kinds of cleaners .

Thanks

exudedude

Reaction score
Try lacquer thinner and a white rag..I got a few xtra yrs out of mine that way

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I hear that peanut butter has worked...I have not personally tried it but I remember hearing/reading that somewhere...maybe try on a small area...let me know

exudedude

Reaction score
The_Chain said:
I hear that peanut butter has worked...I have not personally tried it but I remember hearing/reading that somewhere...maybe try on a small area...let me know

It's the oil..peanut oil on a rag will do the same, both would be an unsanitary mess. If you want to do some type of oil just use wd40 on a rag.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Try acetone as a cleaner and then follow with MOTHERS Back-to-Black Plastic and Trim Restorer.

mboyatt

Reaction score
This topic has been covered several times here. Do a search for the threads. I agree with onoahimahi. Get a rag and scrub the heck out of it with acetone. Follow up with Back to Black. You may need to hit certain areas with acetone a couple of times to get it back to like new, but its not difficult.

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I found 333 reducer with white rags works best, then followed by a couple coats of mop_n_glo. I do this a couple times per year and they look new.