Rub rail needed for 2004 Marlin

Wally World

Reaction score
Having hard time finding rub rail for my 2004 Marlin. anyone have an avenue? Want to keep with the Blue or the Blue with stainless insert. Any help would be appreciated.

fsc60

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I upgraded to the rub rail with the stainless inset on my Express. The only way to get the blue one is thru Grady. I researched this and found Taco is the manufacturer. I spoke with the rep and he actually was the one that handled the Grady side of it. They cannot sell the blue rub rail to anyone other than Grady. I purchased an entire kit 2 years ago from my dealer for about $1400. Its a bear to change. Its pre-bent but doesn't really fit. Lots of heat and swearing. The stainless strip is very hard to bend. When the old one was is off, I cleaned and caulked the joint between the top half of the boat and the hull. Thats always been a water infiltration spot. I filled all the screw holes with 610. Pre-drilled all the new View recent photos.png-2.jpegView recent photos.png.jpegscrew holes and found you have to screw everything by hand. The stainless screws will snap right off. That made me crazy. It was a long and tedious project but came out great.

Reactions: PDX-Boats

Wally World

Reaction score
What's wrong with current rub rail?
Marina clipped the corner of the travel lift bay and cut it in half right at mid ship. It was in pristine condition. They are replacing it at no cost to me but are having issues locating it.
I have a genuine GW new in the box, if you can't find one there I can check shipping cost for you .

View attachment 18171
What is the length of this? I was told I need 75 linear feet.

Wally World

Reaction score

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ouch!! I understand then. Thought it might have been faded. Acetone and 303 protectant did wonders on mine.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
It is 78 ft. My understanding is that they are common to all GW boats depending on year of manufacture . Have a look at the picture , it has the part number and the length.
If they can't find one in USA let me know and I'll investigate shipping cost. I will be happy with $600 us for the item.Rub Rail 78 ft.jpg

Reactions: Ky Grady

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I bought this a few years ago with the intension of replacing the rub rail on my old boat. I sold that and bought another boat, 2013 model that has the S/S rail. When I bought it I was told that i bought one of the last ones and when they all gone they wouldn't make any more . I can't say if they told me fibs in order to sell it or not .

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It is 78 ft. My understanding is that they are common to all GW boats depending on year of manufacture . Have a look at the picture , it has the part number and the length.
If they can't find one in USA let me know and I'll investigate shipping cost. I will be happy with $600 us for the item.View attachment 18185

Sent you a PM

Wally World

Reaction score
I bought this a few years ago with the intension of replacing the rub rail on my old boat. I sold that and bought another boat, 2013 model that has the S/S rail. When I bought it I was told that i bought one of the last ones and when they all gone they wouldn't make any more . I can't say if they told me fibs in order to sell it or not .
Price out the shipping. for me. I will take it.

$600 plus shipping.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Hi Chris,
I will check shipping on Monday or Tuesday ( Sydney time) and I will advice you . I know it will not be cheap as it weighs a bit over 70 lb.
I'll check all options and if it is cheaper I'm happy to pack it in two parcels .
It doesn't come with S/S screws, you have to use your existing screws.
Cheers, Jerry

Wally World

Reaction score
Hi Chris,
I will check shipping on Monday or Tuesday ( Sydney time) and I will advice you . I know it will not be cheap as it weighs a bit over 70 lb.
I'll check all options and if it is cheaper I'm happy to pack it in two parcels .
It doesn't come with S/S screws, you have to use your existing screws.
Cheers, Jerry

Thank you Jerry!