rubber hatch tie downs?

suzukidave

Reaction score
has anyone found an aftermarket hatch tie down style that looks good on the older grady hatches (anchor locker and behind the helm chairs)? i was thinking about a rubber toggle or bungie system but curious what folks have seen or tried.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Go to these websites and look around. Most, if not all of them, make rubber hatch latches. There's a good chance that one of them was what Grady used, as well. Attwood, Perko, Southco, Sea Dog.

suzukidave

Reaction score
grady didn't use any rubber latches on my 1995 223 so i am looking for ideas. they rear hatches close only from their own weight and the anchor hatch has an interior ball and socket thing that does not hold in a swell. over the years they are chipped and damaged on the edges from bouncing. i was looking to fix them but i want an add on latches first.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Did you look at those websites? Just find one that suits your needs - there will be enough to look at and choose between that you should be able to find something. Possibly, you want to look at slam latches or a flush style that has a "dog leg" underneath to secure the lid. It'll make more sense once you start looking around.