Rubrail revival

Yamama

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
My '91 Tournament for years has had a ugly, faded look to it. I have tried scores of products, with no lasting results.

However, this spring I think I found a solution, at least for me, which brings back the dark blue color of the rubrails.

First step was to completly buff out all the faded areas on the rails with 0000 steel wool. Takes a long time, but get's rid of it. Next step was to rub on two coats of Eagle One Tire Wet. http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/ ... 1&cat=5005

That's it. It's been four weeks and no fading has returned. I suppose any brand of tire wet-look conditioner will do the trick.

Try it out.

uncljohn

Reaction score
Some of those products actually reduce the life of rubber over time. I've seen cracking tire walls after a year of regular use. Not necessarily this product you used, but some other 'tire shine' stuff.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My rub rails (2000 express) were also dull and had a whitish scum on them. I think fiberglass polish and/or cutting compound had been used on the rubrail.
On one of the recent threads here I heard of acetone and vinyl polish.
I used the Acetone, once, then a vinyl polish called Armourall.......looks nearly like new and is 4 weeks old