Safe cabin heater?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hey guys, I do not have the a/c yet.. heh.. so, curious what you guys use for a small heater in the cabin. I was thinking to stick with electric, since propane in an enclosed space worries me :p

Not sure how small/large it would need to be to keep it comfortable. Also want it safe.. so... do not care about the cost.. if it has tip-over safety etc.. well worth that. Looking to go to the coast and seems better to sleep onboard as I am not guaranteed a place to keep the boat.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Mr Buddy, I use it when working on the boat in the winter.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I had one of those for the hunting cabin, was just thinking an electric one might be safer, but.. may need one of those. The installed one will work when I get it, heh.. but for this weekend, could use one that I can take other places afterwards. I just worry about propane in enclosed places.

Thanks!

R

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I just picked up one of the Caframo True North heaters. It does a great job and heats up quickly and is quiet as well:

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Very nice. Need one for tomorrow.. heh.. but that is like the West Marine one, but less expensive ;)

I should have gotten that, but my guests kept procrastinating boat or hotel... so I finally decided to stay on the boat ;)

I have a heater, but it is thin and tall, too "tippy" for me for a boat... heh

May just swing into Wally world and grab a cheap one with safety settings etc and call it done. This only has to work one or two times before I get the built-in heh

Thank you!

Russ