Sailfish 282 Companion Seat

Peterb21

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi, I have a 2003 Sailfish 282. I'm looking to replace the port helm ladder back chair with a companion seat. Does anyone have any leads where I might find one? Even it if it used and in poor shape I can always recover it.

Thanks

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi, I have a 2003 Sailfish 282. I'm looking to replace the port helm ladder back chair with a companion seat. Does anyone have any leads where I might find one? Even it if it used and in poor shape I can always recover it.

Thanks
I looked to do the same, my wife really wanted to make that change, couldn't find one, and original they are quite expensive. It's less secure in rough seas and really doesn't give you more seating capacity, though imagine it might make the helm a little more walkable. As it is these things are tight with a crew, and the arm rests love to snag t shirts. My arms rest are covered with a smooth vinyl now to lessen this effect. Fwiw after much thought I chose to keep the helm seats.

Reactions: Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Bought a used Marlin last fall that had the companion seat (previous owner had removed the helm seat). I promptly removed it and replaced that companion monstrosity and put a helm seat back in its original spot. I found it to be too low for visibility purposes and It took up too much room etc etc. My wife loves the Llebroc we put in its place. … jmo