Sailfish factory changes through the years? What do you know.

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm having a hard time finding any info on what major changes were done and when.

It seems like they started installing 4 strokes in 02'

I believe I clarified that they went to the SeaV 2 hull in 1998. I at least found something online that led me to believe that.

It looks like 05 they changed the back of the cockpit configuration as well as added an internal stowage bow pulpit. I like the big Marlin style fish box in the transom wall. It also appears based on the owners manual I pulled for the 05 that they must have upgraded the transom somehow to accommodate 500 max hp from the previous 450. Was that a beef up of the transom or just a clerical power raise based on added weight?

I'm not concerned about the aesthetic changes as much as I have questions about the functional changes.
Thanks in advance for any answers or additions to my list that you come up with.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sailfish was a 252 until it became a 272. It became a SeaV2 far earlier than 1998. Pretty sure it was around ‘91.

The last hull to go to the SeaV2 was the 180, which replaced the 175 and came out in ‘98.

Reactions: Captain TJ

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Click on 2005

Thanks, that was right in line with what I found about the 05' Not sure where I heard that the hull was updated in 98. Still curious what changed to cause the max horsepower to go from 450 to 500.

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have an 04 and the max is 600 hp

Interesting, I pulled something from Grady a while back and saw max HP for 05 at 500 and for 03 I saw 450. I pulled the archived owners manual today for the 06' I just got under contract and it says 600. The variants of information is astounding as to what's out there. Thanks for mentioning that which made me dig deeper to find the right answer.

Does anyone know if they have made any hull upgrades in the 1999 to 2006 timeframe?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Interesting, I pulled something from Grady a while back and saw max HP for 05 at 500 and for 03 I saw 450. I pulled the archived owners manual today for the 06' I just got under contract and it says 600. The variants of information is astounding as to what's out there. Thanks for mentioning that which made me dig deeper to find the right answer.

Does anyone know if they have made any hull upgrades in the 1999 to 2006 timeframe?
TJ - after reading your post I second wondered if I posted incorrect info but when I checked it is listed in 04 catalog as 600HP.. Really strange the 05 listed at 500.
1595936838186.png

Captain TJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
TJ - after reading your post I second wondered if I posted incorrect info but when I checked it is listed in 04 catalog as 600HP.. Really strange the 05 listed at 500.
View attachment 14978

After reading your comment I pulled the Grady Owners manual from archives and found you to be correct. I can't remember where I got the number of 500 but I thought it was the Grady brochure. This shopping experience has had my brain swimming in new information all while still running 3 businesses at the same time. I'm learning that I'm no superman, especially when it comes to brain capacity. LOL

Reactions: Legend