Sailfish Seat Upgrade From Pompanette

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
In answer to RobboNJ's question: I bought one helm seat directly from Pompanette in 2019. Couldn't buy it in Grady's color because that is available only to Grady.

I bought the Evolution seat for $1,736, with tax and some other fees in 2019 prices. It did not include shipping because I live close enough to a Pompanette showroom that I could pick it up myself. I don't recall the Grady price for the same seat, in Grady's color, but it was significantly more.

The seat fit right onto the pipe stand. It came with the sliding and swivel mechanisms. Both arms raise up. The only daw back is the snow white color. I don't even notice it anymore. Except when it comes to cleaning the seat!

It has plenty of room to swivel around. And I didn't notice any compromise in the clearance between the seats.

For your existing seat arms, you might want to try:

SEM M25073 MARINE VINYL COAT RANGER OFF-WHITE.​

Search posts for it and you'll find others, including me, who have posted before and after pictures. In my experience, it looks good for about a year, then needs to be reapplied.

1695313132636.jpeg

1695313163186.jpeg

1695313089520.jpeg

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I bought a reversible helm seat from Arrigoni Designs in CT. Came in GW off white. No more turning the seat around to fish.

IMG_2863.jpeg IMG_2864.jpeg IMG_2865.jpeg IMG_2866.jpeg IMG_2867.jpeg IMG_2868.jpeg IMG_2869.jpeg

Reactions: OceanSun and Chutch

RobboNJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wahoo and Hookup, thanks for posting your pics! Now I am torn. My seats need help. Not that they are ripped or stitching is coming apart, just well worn. The black spots on the arms of the captain's chair are not mildew, but the off-white color actually wearing away, exposing the black rubber foundation. Based on other post here, I can't replace just the arm rests. The pilot seat keeps getting moldy, which is getting harder and harder to clean. So new seats might be nice. But I really like keeping things original, even on an older boat. Maybe I'll try that Marine Vinyl Coat stuff first, then see what happens next. Here are a few pics of my chairs.

Attachments

• IMG_9283.jpg
    IMG_9283.jpg
    515.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9284.jpg
    IMG_9284.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9285.jpg
    IMG_9285.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9287.jpg
    IMG_9287.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 12

used2sail

Reaction score
Based on other post here, I can't replace just the arm rests.
You can replace just the arm rests, I bought one set from a member of the forum and a second set from Pompanette this spring and swapped out the grungy arm rests on the seats on my 282 Sailfish.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Hookup: Nice! Does it slide onto your existing pedestal?
It will go on existing pedestal. I moved the pedestal more to starboard side to use extra space since seat doesn’t need to turn around and to clear the walkway.

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Wahoo and Hookup, thanks for posting your pics! Now I am torn. My seats need help. Not that they are ripped or stitching is coming apart, just well worn. The black spots on the arms of the captain's chair are not mildew, but the off-white color actually wearing away, exposing the black rubber foundation. Based on other post here, I can't replace just the arm rests. The pilot seat keeps getting moldy, which is getting harder and harder to clean. So new seats might be nice. But I really like keeping things original, even on an older boat. Maybe I'll try that Marine Vinyl Coat stuff first, then see what happens next. Here are a few pics of my chairs.
A friend of mine uses the vinyl spray paint on his seats. Doesn’t last and looks “repaired”. Re-Upholstering is best if the look is important.

RobboNJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can replace just the arm rests, I bought one set from a member of the forum and a second set from Pompanette this spring and swapped out the grungy arm rests on the seats on my 282 Sailfish.
Used2sail, thanks for the tip. I just reached out to a local Pompanette dealer and they are going to check on the arm rests. It looks like Pompanette's new model T2005 captain's chair is very similar to the chair o my 2008 Sailfish. Will post an update when I hear back from the dealer.

used2sail

Reaction score
Thats the one i ordered, make sure you tell them its for a grady so you get the correct color. Loooking at my invoice the color appears to be soft sand. The guy i dealt with was Gladwyn Nugent his email is gladwyn_nugent@pompanette.com he was great to work with. the price last spring was 198.50 for the pair of armrests. These arm rests are actually upholstered, no more hard plastic like the originals.

RobboNJ

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Wow, I have a quote from a local dealer for $332 for the arms. I will call Pompanette directly on Monday and see if i can order through them for less money.