Reaction score
Ok, I tried

mineral spirts
vinager
windex (no kidding)
glass cook top cleaner
mothers polish
simple green

All with no luck. I did let the products sit on the window for sometime. Any help?

PS. Yes, I did clean the inside of the window before this post. JK.ing

Jas

Reaction score
Where are you located (it could make a difference) and which windows are you referring to? i.e. The windshield, the cabin windows or the eisenglass?

I hate water spots too and fought the battle with different products for all three of these areas.

Ted

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Back in my flying days we used Lemon Pledge on our plastic windshields. I flew with floats on and off salt water and for whatever reason the Pledge seemed to keep the windscreen pretty clean

yb

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
A-MAZ is the product that you need:

waterstainremover.png

http://www.amaz.biz/waterstainremover.php

I used to run a boat on Pyramid Lake Nevada. During the 1 hr drive home, the salt and alkali would etch into the glass and could not be rinsed off. No product that I tried, including muriatic acid, would make much of a dent in the water stains on the windshield. After 10 years of this, I had to look over the windshield in order to see where I was going.

A friend turned me on to A-MAZ about a year ago. It took a couple of treatments to remove the etched in stains. But I have to say that the results were amazing.

You can Google the name of the product to locate sources. It costs about $10 a jar.

If you seal you glass with a product like Rain-X after you remove the stains, dried salt will rinse off a lot easier in the future. You will need to re-apply the Rain-X every month or so in order for it to continue to be effective.

hangman1176

Reaction score
Tried muratic acid- No luck
Tried buffing with 3m polishing compound- no luck.

I was told to try #0000 steel woal with windex. It requires a lot of elbow grease and works somewhat however it takes ALOT of time to get one little spot out. There has to be something else out there to assist. We can put a man on the moon so I assume there is something out there. I called the AMAZ product but have no recieved a call back from either of the numbers listed. The closest carrier of the product is 350 miles away.

Any other ideas?

Easy Runnin

Reaction score
You might find something in a fireplace store that is used to clean the soot of glass doors

hangman1176

Reaction score
Sample of AMAX coming. Ordered last Monday from the website. Will post results. I like the fireplace idea, I did tey cook top cleaner with no luck but maybe the stuff for the doors is a little stronger or cuts better.

hangman1176

Reaction score
DOC STRESSOR................you we right on the mark with the AMZ product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Got it today, ran down to the garage and effortless!

wanderer200

Reaction score
Thanks for posting results. I have same issue so guess its a-maz for me.
(Thanks Doc)

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for the tip on A-Maz. I bought some too, and will be using is on the boat, and also the shower door, at home.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well, since you guys swear about it, i just ordered two of them, one for the boat and one for the admiral and her shower doors(good tip Capt Bill, thank you).

wanderer200

Reaction score
Maybe I`m doing something wrong or have "special" spots, but I`ve got 3 applications on 1, 6 inch by 10 inch window and is no better than before. I`m not A-MAZED........

hangman1176

Reaction score
I did the entire glass windows in and out of my 22-8. The spots were heavy and deep. AMAZ sent the applicator (which consisted of a soft scrub pad) and the product.

It required 2 applications and elbow grease. Had the windows cleaned in a couple of hours. I have not affiliation with the company and I atest to the product. More because I tried everything and this was the only thing that worked. THANKS AGAIN DOC STRESSOR!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of all the company sent the applicator and cleaner for free as a trial offer!!

wanderer200

Reaction score
Doc Stressor said:
]
No product that I tried, including muriatic acid, would make much of a dent in the water stains on the windshield. After 10 years of this, I had to look over the windshield in order to see where I was going.

hangman1176
[/quote]Got it today, ran down to the garage and effortless!
This is what sold me but I`m not blaming you guys.
Today I tried it with a buffer and still no results.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Per A-MAZ advertisement, if the glass is damaged (etched) permanent, it does not retore permenent damage back to original.

My side cabin windows are pretty bad, think they are etched.

It's more than water spots, it's white cloudy stuff.

wanderer200

Reaction score
I don`t think this is etched. It looks like it washed with hard water and not dried and has water spots left or washed and the soap not rinsed enough and dried. Its a little blurry to look through but still fairly clear(not white or hazed). How can you tell if its etched?
Untill last year, the boat lived its life in NJ.... Maybe it`s jersey shore hair jell overspray?