Scotty downrigger mounting advice.

84grady197

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Teaser,

for what it’s worth I put tracks on mine for salmon fishing Lake Ontario. Mounted fairly easily on my 84 tournament. I debated using the gimbal mount. I will say I am so happy with the tracks. A 48” fit perfectly, covered both holes from the existing gimbals. I have the flexibility to move downriggers around as well as add rod holders where ever needed.

good luck!

Attachments

• 0CF134D1-E472-43EF-B36E-5B82630B95E4.jpeg
    0CF134D1-E472-43EF-B36E-5B82630B95E4.jpeg
    586.4 KB · Views: 8

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I’m going with the Burnewiin inserts. I bought them from Fishery’s Supply through a boat builder friend of mine and that saved me 30%. The gunnels are just too narrow to accommodate the Scotty base plates for me. And backing plates for the Scotty mounts would have been a pia. The fit and finish of the Burnewiin’s is sweet. They are all Jacobsons use, when they install rigger mounts. Im going to drill new holes to accommodate the new inserts around 40 inches from the outside of the transom. I don’t want the riggers too close to the back corner because of the storage areas back there getting in my way. id like to change out the back corner Lee insert, to a aft facing 30 degree Lee, that I can use in conjunction with the rigger when I want to stack gear. I take my riggers off when im not using them, so theft isn’t an issue for me. I’ll mount the plug-ins in the back rod holders under the gunnels just like Mustang’s. I’ll post pics when I’m done. Any thoughts and comments will be much appreciated, as I haven’t started the project yet. The goal is to have the boat ready for fishing WCVI August 1. Other projects that are already done, is new stainless thru hulls all around, new bilge and raw water pumps and hoses, and also I glassed in a floor in the anchor locker, and installed a drain so no no more anchor gurry will drain into the bilge anymore.
How are the new mounts coming along?

Teaserhead

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
How are the new mounts coming along?
Hi Mustang
The install went great, and I couldn’t be happier with the end result. Riggers feel solid in place, and they look great even without riggers! I actually haven’t had a chance to use them yet, even though WDFW has given us a cpl xtra wknds in area 7 to fish. Ferry life is keeping me busy, and now I’m dealing with the fn ronna. I’m not computer savy enough to figure out how to post pics, sorry. thanks so much for the advice, I never knew Burnewiin existed till you mentioned them. Now I’m busy planning the next round of improvements on the boat. She’s coming together nicely. Tight lines.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi Mustang
The install went great, and I couldn’t be happier with the end result. Riggers feel solid in place, and they look great even without riggers! I actually haven’t had a chance to use them yet, even though WDFW has given us a cpl xtra wknds in area 7 to fish. Ferry life is keeping me busy, and now I’m dealing with the fn ronna. I’m not computer savy enough to figure out how to post pics, sorry. thanks so much for the advice, I never knew Burnewiin existed till you mentioned them. Now I’m busy planning the next round of improvements on the boat. She’s coming together nicely. Tight lines.
Feel better soon! Glad to hear everything went well with the install. As far as adding pictures, click on “Attach files” just below and to the left of where you’re typing up your response and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Teaserhead

Teaserhead

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Feel better soon! Glad to hear everything went well with the install. As far as adding pictures, click on “Attach files” just below and to the left of where you’re typing up your response and you should be good to go.
thanks for that Mustang. I’ll give it a shot.

Reactions: Mustang65fbk