Screen for Cabin Front Hatch

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a 2002 Islander, but I imagine that GW uses the same hatch for many models. I would love find a screen for my cabin hatch so that I could leave it open at night if sleeping in the cabin while at the marina. Once dusk hits, the mosquitoes come out in droves.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Is this a glass/plexi type hatch or fiberglass? Assuming glass/plexi... Obviously, going through your dealer would be easy - and might not be all that expensive. But, there should be some markings on it to show who the manufacturer is. Once you know that (also measure the size... although a common size is the industry is 20x20) you should be able to easily source it. Maybe your parts manual would have some info?

Or... you could get fancy and install a blackout blind/screen combo like this. I've had these on other boats and they're very nice: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pr.../dometic-oceanair-skyscreen-recessed-_-217573

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
OK, so then there's no interior "lip" to slip/click a screen frame into? Is there enough room to do what I linked to above?

Otherwise... how 'bout velcro or snaps?

Fishtales

Reaction score
If I recall, those screens popped in and out. Might be able to get one from the manufacturer.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Something like this. Measure your opening and see if you can find one. As I recall there are tabs that rotate and hold it in on the frame. It's been a while....